This easy eggs benedict asparagus tart brings this breakfast classic to a new level.
Perfect elegant dish for breakfast or brunch!
I LOVE eggs benedict. It’s one of my favorite dishes to serve for a big Sunday morning. Recently, we decided to take it up a notch and experiment with making some flavorful tarts that would make it easier to serve this classic dish to a crowd. Enter the tart!
We thought the tart would be a bit plain if we stuck to the original eggs benedict, so we dressed it up a bit and added some asparagus and pancetta for a beautiful presentation and extra flavor.
This recipe is definitely one you’ll want to keep in your back pocket for an easy breakfast that will impress!
Eggs Benedict Asparagus Tart
Making it is easier than you think!
Roll out your puff pastry & lay down some Canadian Bacon to cover pastry leaving about a 1-inch border.
Roll up sides of dough to form a crust. Place asparagus on top of bacon and pour beaten egg over the top.
Brush crust with egg wash as well.
Add crumbled bacon, goat cheese crumbles, and pepper. Bake.
Remove from oven and drizzle Hollandaise Sauce over tart.
Serve with extra Hollandaise on the side.
Pairs excellent with Anelare Ciel du Cheval Rose’!
- Puff Pastry Sheet
- 9 Slices Canadian Bacon
- Asparagus Spears
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 3 Strips Bacon (cooked and diced)
- Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Package Hollandaise Sauce Mix (prepared as directed)
- Fold out puff pastry sheet.
- Lay down Canadian bacon on puff pastry leaving a one inch border.
- Fold up outside of puff pastry to form a crust.
- Lay down asparagus over the Canadian bacon.
- Brush beaten egg over crust.
- Pour remaining egg over the Canadian bacon and asparagus.
- Sprinkle cooked, diced bacon and goat cheese crumbles over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes until puff pastry is cooked and crust is browned.
- While tart bakes, prepare Hollandaise Sauce as directed.
- Remove tart from oven and drizzle Hollandaise over top.
- Sprinkle with pepper for taste.
- Serve with additional Hollandaise sauce on the side.
Serve with Goat Cheese Bacon Date Stuffed Mushrooms for a gourmet meal!